Password restrictions can be defined for your managed devices. These are the key-guard passwords that users need to enter because they can unlock a device.
In the Configuration tab of your profile, the different password quality policies are available:
- Unspecified: There is no requirements for the password
- Alphabetic: The password must contain alphabetic (or symbol) characters.
- Alphanumeric: The password must contain both numeric and alphabetic (or symbol) characters
- Complex: The password must meet the minimum requirements specified in
passwordMinimumSymbols, etc. For example, if
2, the password must contain at least two symbols.
- Numeric: The password must contain numeric characters.
- Numeric (Complex): The password must contain numeric characters with no repeating (4444) or ordered (1234, 4321, 2468) sequences.
- Something: A password is required, but there are no restrictions on what the password must contain.
- Biometric (Weak): The device must be secured with a low-security biometric recognition technology, at minimum. This includes technologies that can recognise the identity of an individual that are roughly equivalent to a 3-digit PIN (false detection is less than 1 in 1,000).