Device Enrolment - QR Code
How to Enrol Fully Managed Devices?
The QR Code Enrolment works on any Android 7+ devices.
Selecting the best enrolment method depends on your use case. There are 3 steps to enrol an Android device in a fully-managed mode with CubiLock:
- 1.Factory reset device
- 2.Get the QR code
- 3.Enrol the device
Follow the steps below to factory reset your Android device:
- 1.Make sure the device is plugged in or has enough battery to go through the reset process.
- 2.Open the Settings app.
- 3.Select System.
- 4.Expand the menu by hitting Advanced.
- 5.Go into Reset options.
- 6.Hit Erase all data (factory reset).
- 7.Tap on Erase all data.
- 8.Enter your PIN (if prompted).
- 9.Select Erase all data and let the phone do its thing.
For a quick enrolment method follow the steps below:
- 1.From the Device Management section, go to Device Profile page
- 2.Click on the profile name you want to enrol your device with
- 3.Use the QR Code provided on the Device Profile screen
The QR has a validity of 30 days. To create a new one, simply click on Refresh QR Code button.
The final step is to scan the QR Code and start the enrolment process. The process is straightforward and does not require any technical expertise.
- 1.Make sure the device is factory reset
- 2.Tap 6 times on the Welcome screen
- 3.Select your WiFi and enter the password to connect
- 4.Click on Accept & Continue and wait for Android to finish setup
Tap 6 times on Welcome Screen
Select your WiFi and enter password to connect
Click on Accept & Continue to initiate enrolment process
The Google PlayStore will be downloaded and installed on a device
At this step your organization's policies will be applied on to the device
At this step, the device is downloading all the necessary apps to function properly
Grant all the permissions requested bu the KIOSK app, as all these permissions are necessary for the KIOSK app to function
Congratulations! you have successfully enrolled an Android device with CubiLock.
On the Android factory-reset home screen, tap 6 times anytime on the screen. If that does not work, set up your device as a new device, and when prompted to input your email address, input this code: afw#setup. This will launch the Android Enterprise setup.