Support Managed Configurations
How to Whitelist/Blacklist URLs With the Chrome App?
Some apps designed for enterprises include built-in settings called Managed Configurations that IT admins can configure remotely. For example, an app may have the option to only sync data when a device is connected to Wi-Fi. Providing IT admins the ability to specify managed configurations and apply them to devices is a requirement for all solution sets.
This article explains how to block or allow some specific URLs with the Chrome app, using its Managed Configuration.
From your CubiLock dashboard:
- 1.Head over to the PlayStore Apps page, under Application Management
- 2.Select Public Apps from iframe
- 3.Search for the Chrome application, and select it for management
- 4.Approve the app from its listing by clicking on Select button
- 5.Add the app into Enterprise Apps by clicking on Add button
- 6.You can also add this app directly into the Profile by specifying the Install Type and selecting Profiles you want to add this application to and hit Apply
- 7.Head over to the Device Profile page
- 8.From the context menu choose Update Profile, you will be navigated to Edit Device Profile page.
- 9.In the Applications tab of your Profile, click on Configurations next to the Chrome app
To block an URL or a list of URLs, locate the Block access to a list of URLs entry, using the search engine. Enter the list of URLs following this pattern:
Note: if you want to block all URLs, enter this:
If you want to only authorize URLs, locate the Allow access to a list of URLs, using the search engine. Enter the list of URLs following the same pattern as above:
Do not use wildcards
*in the URL (except to blacklist everything), else it won’t work. For example, blocking all Facebook sites by specifying
["*.facebook.com"]won’t work. Simple use